Archives: What's New in CPRTP? (Spring 2013)
- We are now accepting applications for the following fellowships:
- NCI R25T Postdoctoral Fellowships in Cancer Prevention
- Janice Davis Gordon Memorial Postdoctoral Fellowship in Colorectal Cancer Prevention
- Details are posted on our fellowships page!
- Faith Fletcher, PhD (R25T Postdoctoral Fellow, Behavioral Science) was selected to participate in the American Society of Preventive Oncology (ASPO), New Investigators Workshop which will take place in March of 2013 at the ASPO annual meeting.
- Jan Eberth, PhD (Former R25T Postdoctoral Fellow, Biostatistics) is now an Assistant Professor with the University of South Carolina's department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics.
- Claire Adams, PhD (Former R25T Postdoctoral Fellow, Health Disparities Research) accepted a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in Clinical Psychology at Catholic University in Washington, D.C.
- Anthony D'Amelio, Jr., PhD (Former R25T Postdoctoral Fellow, Epidemiology) accepted a Principal Statistician position with Glaxo-Smith Kline's Oncology Division as Principle Statistician.
- Virmarie Correa Fernandez, PhD (Former R25T Postdoctoral Fellow, Health Disparities Research), was awarded "Researcher of the Year" by the Behavioral Science Journal of the Carlos Albizu University in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- Dianren Xia, PhD (Former R25T Postdoctoral Fellow, Cancer Biology), accepted an Instructor position within the Department of Thoracic Head & Neck Medical Oncology with Dr. John Heymach's lab.
- Former Summer R25E Graduate Research Assistant, Adolfo Cuevas's first manuscript (see citation below) was accepted at the American Journal of Health Behavior.
- Cuevas AG, Reitzel LR, Cao Y, Nguyen N, Wetter DW, Adams CE, Watkins KL, Regan SD, McNeill LH. Mediators of discrimination and self-rated health among African Americans. American Journal of Health Behavior, in press.
Congratulations to all of our past and present CPRTP Fellows!