GME Rotation Schedules
Academic Year 2014-2015
Residents and fellows enrolled in a full-time GME program at affiliated institution who are approved to complete a clinical rotation at MD Anderson are processed through the department of Academic and Visa Administration – Trainee & Alumni Affairs using DiscoverXpress.
Currently there are four affiliated institutions:
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Methodist Hospital
- University of Texas Health Science Center Houston: Medical School
- University of Texas Medical Branch - Galveston
DiscoverXpress is a new application designed to streamline clinical rotations between MD Anderson, affiliated institutions, fellows and residents by providing a centralized location for managing scheduled rotations.
Please note that this process applies only to clinical rotations with fully executed educational agreements between MD Anderson, the affiliated institution and individual programs.
- The institution’s program coordinator must submit the annual MD Anderson block schedule to AVA-TAA using the spreadsheet template to Discover_support@mdanderson.org. Schedules must be received by AVA no later than 30 days prior to the start of the fiscal year or rotation begin date to ensure timely processing and set-up.
- The rotators (learners) will receive an email with instructions to complete a registration form in DiscoverXpress and an on-line orientation course.
- A finalized rotation schedule and rotator registration status will be sent to the institution and to MD Anderson’s program coordinators biweekly.
- The registration form and the required online orientation must be completed by the learner no later than two weeks prior to the rotation start date. Failure to comply will result in a delay of the rotation start date.
- Questions, schedule changes or technical assistance should be directed to Discover_support@mdanderson.org.