GME Rotation Schedules
Academic Year 2015-2016
Residents and fellows enrolled in a full-time GME program at an affiliated institution who are approved to complete a clinical rotation at MD Anderson are processed through the department of Academic and Visa Administration – Trainee (AVA- Trainee) using DiscoverXpress.
Currently there are four affiliated institutions:
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Methodist Hospital
- University of Texas Health Science Center Houston: Medical School
- University of Texas Medical Branch – Galveston
DiscoverXpress is a web-based application designed to streamline clinical rotations between MD Anderson, affiliated institutions, and fellows and residents by providing a centralized location for managing rotation schedules.
A registration request must be submitted for new and reappointed residents and fellows each academic year. Only registrations submitted directly from GME programs at affiliated institutions will be accepted as official authorization of a clinical rotation at MD Anderson. Effective April 1, 2015, DiscoverXpress will begin accepting rotation schedules for the 2015-2016 academic year.
A fully executed educational agreement between an MD Anderson program and an affiliated institution’s individual program must be confirmed before AVA – Trainee can accept any request to process a rotation in DiscoverXpress.
MD Anderson program coordinators will now have access to view and make changes to rotation schedules for their programs in Discover after the registration process is completed by a rotator.
The Registration Process
- Each program at an affiliated institution is required to submit approved rotation schedules directly to DISCOVER_Support@mdanderson.org using the DiscoverXpress spreadsheet template 30 days prior to the rotation begin date.
The following information must be provided on a spreadsheet template:
- The official name of the affiliated or home institution and program
- Name of the primary and/or alternate contact, email addresses and phone numbers.
- Rotators Last name and First name
- Rotator’s Title
- Rotator’s PGY
- Actual rotation start date (IRIS date)
- Actual rotation end date (IRIS date)
- Rotator’s email address
- The associated MD Anderson program name and primary contact information
NOTE: Actual rotation begin and end dates (IRIS dates) MUST be entered. Annual dates (i.e. 7/1/2015 – 6/30/2016) are not valid and may delay processing.
After review and acceptance of a spreadsheet, each rotator will receive an email with instructions to complete a registration form and on-line orientation.
The registration and online orientation must be completed by the resident/fellow as soon as possible to initiate the vetting process. Incomplete or invalid TMB license/permit information will delay processing and set-up in MDA systems.
- A rotation schedule and registration status report will be sent to the affiliated institution’s program and the associated MD Anderson’s program coordinators by email.
- Rotators who have complied with the required contingencies must physically check with AVA-Trainee 2-3 days prior to their rotation start date to complete the onboarding process and receive an ID badge.
If you have questions or are not receiving status reports, send an email to DISCOVER_Support@mdanderson.org