The leadership development programs are designed to help faculty acquire the leadership skills they need appropriate to their career stage, from the beginning of their academic life to the most senior positions. Because leadership is a set of behaviors, and not a position, our faculty are challenged to make a difference no matter where they are in the institution or at what level. Investing in faculty who can turn visions into realities by developing leadership excellence is our goal.
Several leadership initiatives support our faculty leaders and further develop our pipeline of institutional, national and international leaders:
- Faculty Leadership Academy (FLA) is a seven-month leadership program for faculty in formal leadership positions and other faculty who are in the leadership pipeline
- Heart of Leadership for new and assistant professors is a condensed version of the FLA that includes modules in self-discovery and awareness, team leadership and coaching, diversity and situational leadership
- Chair Coaching is provided to all new chairs to assist them in understanding and navigating the institutional culture and leadership landscape
- Faculty Coaching is available to faculty for career and professional development
- Faculty Leadership Academy Graduate Seminars, offered twice a year, delve deeper into leadership issues that FLA graduates may encounter.