The leadership development programs are designed to help faculty acquire the leadership skills they need appropriate to their career stage, from the beginning of their academic life to the most senior positions. Because leadership is a set of behaviors, and not a position, our faculty are challenged to make a difference no matter where they are in the institution or at what level. Investing in faculty who can turn visions into realities by developing leadership excellence is our goal.
Several leadership initiatives support our faculty leaders and further develop our pipeline of institutional, national and international leaders:
- Faculty Leadership Academy (FLA) is a seven-month leadership program for faculty in formal leadership positions and other faculty who are in the leadership pipeline
- Heart of Leadership for new and assistant professors is a condensed version of the FLA that includes modules in self-discovery and awareness, team leadership and coaching, diversity and situational leadership
- Chair Coaching is provided to all new chairs to assist them in understanding and navigating the institutional culture and leadership landscape
- Faculty Coaching is available to faculty for career and professional development
- Faculty Leadership Academy Graduate Seminars, offered twice a year, delve deeper into leadership issues that FLA graduates may encounter.
On Being an Oncologist
Taking its content from focus groups with our faculty, this video, featuring Megan Cole and Academy-Award winner, William Hurt, enacts the personal feelings and communication dilemmas of oncologists.
Purchase Online - Also available at other online outlets
Net proceeds go to The Pink Crusader Fund for Lobular Breast Cancer Research.
Available from the publisher, Pinkcrusader.org, other online outlets or at Appearances Boutique in the Mays Clinic of MD Anderson Cancer Center.
CME Credits Online
Professional Oncology Education initiatives are designed for health care practitioners and feature lectures, courses, and case studies provided by MD Anderson’s experts on key areas of professional education, prevention, patient care and survivorship.