These seminars focus on nutritional research ideas, endeavors, and publications. All researchers and medical professionals are welcome to attend.
The NRG designates a maximum of 1.00 Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics CPE credit to registered dietitians per seminar attended. Dietitians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
March 27, 2014
Alexis C. Frazier-Wood, Ph.D.,Assistant Professor - Division of Epidemiology, Human Genetics and Environmental Sciences, The University of Texas School of Public Health
11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Duncan Family Institute for Cancer Prevention and Risk Assessment Building (CPB4.3650)
- The Optimizing Nutrition (ON) to Life Program at the MD Anderson Children’s Cancer Hospital
Joya Chandra, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Department of Pediatrics - Research, Division of Pediatrics, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Breakfast and breakfast skipping in relation to obesity and metabolic syndrome in young adults: National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES): 1999–2006
Priya Deshmukh-Taskar Ph.D.
- Role of Common Medications and Nutritional Supplements in non-small cell Lung cancer patients
Anne Utech Ph.D., RD, LD, Deputy National Director for Nutrition and Food Services Department of Veterans Affairs, Washington, D.C.
- Calcium and vitamin D requirements during growth: Methods of assessment and clinical outcomes
Steven Abrams, MD, Professor of Pediatrics, Attending Neonatologist, Baylor College of Medicine, Children’s Nutrition Research Center
These free seminars are intended for researchers and medical professionals only. If you have questions, contact email@example.com.
Nutrition Research Group
Department of Epidemiology, Unit 1340
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
P.O. Box 301439
Houston, Texas 77230
For delivery of packages
1155 Pressler St., Unit 1340
Houston, Texas 77030
Contact Individual NRG Group Members
- Carrie Daniel-MacDougall, Ph.D., M.P.H.
- Gladys Browman
- Margie Stembridge