A New Approach -- Bringing together thought leaders in six key areas of biomedical research to focus on molecular-based approaches to cancer diagnosis and treatment.
Hundreds of Researchers Interacting for a Common Purpose
- Samir Hanash, M.D., Ph.D., Director, Red and Chaline McCombs Institute for the Early Detection and Treatment of Cancer
- Metastasis Research Center – Raghu Kalluri, M.D., Ph.D.
- Center for cancer Immunology Research – Patrick Hwu, M.D. and Larry Kwak, M.D., Ph.D.
- Center for Radiation Oncology Research – TBD
- Center for Advanced Biomedical Imaging – Marshall Hicks, M.D.
- Center for Targeted Therapy – Varsha Gandhi, Ph.D.
- Center for RNA Interference and Non-coding RNAs – Anil Sood, M.D. and George Calin, M.D., Ph.D.
Red and Charline McCombs and their daughters, Marsha, Connie and Lynda, have given cancer researchers a tool for scientific discovery that has great promise to accelerate the rate at which new patient-focused advances are made. To thank them for their generosity, the institute was named in their honor.
MD Anderson Honors Businessman, Philanthropist
Representatives of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer recently dedicated the F. O'Neil "Neil" Griffin Conference and Education Center, 7455 Fannin, at the Red and Charline McCombs Institute for the Early Detection and Treatment of Cancer. The naming recognizes the generosity and continued support of Neil Griffin, a Kerrville and Austin businessman and philanthropist who is a senior member of MD Anderson's Board of Visitors. More...
How to Help Innovative Research
The institute's interconnected programs offer you a chance to help at a historic moment in the long search for answers to cancer. Make a Donation on our secure online credit card form.