Conferences and Events
Integrative Medicine Lecture Series
Third Tuesday of every month. Event designed for faculty and staff within and outside of the institution.
This Lecture Series hosts expert speakers from around the world to present state-of-the-art research and clinical programs in the area of integrative medicine. Topics deal with evidence-based research on complementary cancer treatments and therapies.
Open to the Public
Next Lecture: Event is Cancelled!
"Obesity and Cancer: Mechanistic Insights from Transdisciplinary Studies"
Stephen Hursting, PhD, Professor, Nutrition, Gillings School of Global Public Health, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC
Date: Tuesday, October 21, 2014; 12:00 - 1:00 PM
Contact: Felicia Stephens at email@example.com for more information
Friends of Integrative Medicine (FIM) Evening Lectures
Open to the Public
1. “Living the Anticancer Life” featuring Integrative Medicine Program Director, Lorenzo Cohen, Ph.D.
Come hear our Program Director talk about the science, research and evidence-based recommendations on how to lower your risks of cancer and improve outcomes for those touched by cancer. Enjoy some hands-on activities from our own Integrative Medicine Center practitioners.
Date: Monday, 10/20/2014
Time: Registration 6 – 6:30 p.m.; Talk: 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Location: The Jesse H. Jones Rotary House (1600 Holcombe Blvd., Houston, TX, 77030), RHI1.202abc
Parking: Valet parking available at Rotary House or public parking available in Garage 10
2. "Stress and Cancer: From Science to Personal Perspective" - Sonia Lupien, Ph.D., Director and founder of Centre for Studies on Human Stress, Director of the Fernand-Seguin Research Centre Montreal, Canada
Hear expert Dr. Sonia Lupien discuss the science behind stress, our biology, and illness. She will discuss the importance of reducing stress in our lives and provide practical tips to cope with stress.
Date: Saturday, 10/25/2014
Time: Registration and Reception 5-5:30 pm; Talk: 5:30 – 6:30 p.m.
Location: South Campus Research Building 2, Conference Rooms 5–6, 7455, Fannin Street (at Old Spanish Trail)
Free Parking: enter parking lot from OST, between Fannin and Bertner.
At both events hors d’oeuvres will be provided by The Hippo Kitchen.
Contact: Kira Taniguchi at KMTaniguchi@mdanderson.org for membership questions and additional information.
Local Conferences & Lectures
Open to the Public.
Integrative Medicine Program's Integrative Oncology Healthcare Professional Training Conference
Date: May 1-2, 2015
Location: University Of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston
- Registration information
- Conference brochure (pdf)
For Healthcare Professionals
Integrative Medicine Program One-Day Workshop
Date: October 29, 2014
Location: The University Of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas
National & International Conferences
Open to the Public.
1. 11th International Conference of the Society for Integrative Oncology
Topic: “Personalized Integrative Oncology: Targeted Approaches for Optimal Outcomes.”
- Post-SIO workshop opportunity: Integrative Medicine Program One-Day Workshop for healthcare professionals, at MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston
2. 6th Biennial Symposium of Integrative Medicine Professionals in the Land of Enchantment
Date: 10.13.2014 - 10.15.2014
Location: Crowne Plaza Albuquerque, 1901 University Boulevard Northeast, Albuquerque, NM, United States
Description: Featured Speaker: Andrew Weil, MD
Contact: SIO, Phone: 347.676.1SIO (746)
- Special Offering: SIMPLY Botanicals Pre-Conference Workshop - October 12, 2014
3. Healthy Medicine Academy's Fourth Annual Cancer Strategies Symposium
Integrative Cancer Medicine: Building Cohesion Among Ourselves, Building Bridges With Mainstream Cancer Medicine
- Special Offering: 2014 Integrative Cancer Medicine Symposium - All Monday Post Conference Workshops, November 10, 2014
For more information on upcoming conferences and topics related to Integrative Medicine please visit the Society of Integrative Oncology at www.integrativeonc.org