Institute Faculty in the News - FY13
- 3/11/2013 Endometrial cancer survivors more likely to complete physical activity News Medical Karen Basen-Engquist, Ph.D., M.P.H.
- 3/7/2013 MicroRNAs may define advance of Barrett's Esophagus JAAPA Xifeng Wu, M.D., Ph.D.
- 3/7/2013 Coping with burnout? Tips on handling this occupational hazard OncLive Warren Holleman, Ph.D.
- 2/20/2013 What group gets cervical cancer twice as often? Yahoo News David Wetter, Ph.D.
- 2/11/2013 Have cancer but no insurance? No problem—You can pay with your life Yahoo News David Wetter, Ph.D
- 2/5/2013 African-Americans still more likely to die from cancer Reuters David Wetter, Ph.D.
- 1/30/2013 Which cancer screenings should you get, avoid? click2houston.com Therese Bevers, M.D.
- 1/28/2013 Prevention guidelines stoke clinical conflict amednews.com Therese Bevers, M.D.
- 1/17/2013 Huge win in the war against cancer NBCNews.com Therese Bevers, M.D.
- 12/17/2012 Inherited colon cancer risk tied to certain foods Reuters Mala Pande, Ph.D., M.P.H.
- 12/14/2012 Fewer health care options for illegal immigrants YAHOO! News Lewis Foxhall, M.D.
- 12/5/2012 Six simple steps to quit smoking for good Bay Area The Citizen Paul Cinciripini, Ph.D.
- 12/1/2012 Later life sex Monitor on Psychology Leslie Schover, Ph.D.
- 11/30/2012 Smoking and tobacco-cessation campaign to be launched by Texas and Mexico institutions News-Medical.net Ernest Hawk, M.D., M.P.H.
- 11/28/2012 Gen Y staying healthy this holiday season Women'sRadio.com Karen Basen-Engquist, Ph.D., M.P.H.
- 11/27/2012 Researchers find evidence of 'chemo brain' NBC Nightly News Jeffrey Wefel, Ph.D.
- 11/27/2012 Current breast cancer screening screening guidelines may lead to more missed cases CBS News Therese Bevers, M.D.
- 11/27/2012 More cancers may be missed under latest mammogram guidelines US News and World Report Therese Bevers, M.D.
- 11/16/2012 Distressing news in study of blacks with kidney cancer Chron.com Wong-Ho Chow, Ph.D.
- 11/13/2012 Where cancer prevention must start Huffington Post Shine Chang, Ph.D., Carrie Cameron, Ph.D.
- 11/13/2012 Black kidney cancer patients have high fatality rate Private MD News Wong-Ho Chow, Ph.D.
- 11/13/2012 Black patients fare worse with kidney cancer: study Reuters.com Wong-Ho Chow, Ph.D.
- 11/12/2012 White kidney cancer patients have a survival advantage over blacks News-medical.net Wong-Ho Chow, Ph.D.
- 10/28/2012 Obesity-one of the risk factors for chronic myelogenous leukemia FoodConsumer.com Sara Strom, Ph.D.
- 10/26/2012 Expose and exercise: Save the date for these fun useful events Chron.com Ernest Hawk, M.D., M.P.H.
- 10/22/2012 Vitamins modestly lower cancer risk in men, researchers find VancouverSun.com Ernest Hawk, M.D., M.P.H.
- 10/19/2012 Study identifies new risk factors for bladder cancer Psychiatric Times Meng Chen, Ph.D.
- 10/18/2012 Depression, DNA linked to higher death risk in bladder cancer patients Medicinenet.com Meng Chen, Ph.D.
- 10/18/2012 Depression, shortened telomeres increase mortality in bladder cancer patients Science Codex Meng Chen, Ph.D
- 1018/2012 Can this bra detect cancer? Shape.com Therese Bevers, M.D.
- 10/18/2012 Can this bra detect cancer? Style.time.com Therese Bevers, M.D.
- 10/17/2012 Study: Multivitamins may lower cancer risk in men Associated Press Ernest Hawk, M.D., M.P.H.
- 10/17/2012 Multivitamins may prevent cancer in men CNN Health Ernest Hawk, M.D., M.P.H.
- 10/14/2012 What to expect during your first mammogram Conditions Therese Bevers, M.D.
- 10/10/2012 HealthTalk with Therese Bevers: Best tips for breast heatlh Everyday Health Therese Bevers, M.D.
- 10/6/2012 6 Answers about mammograms and breast cancer ABC News Therese Bevers, M.D.
- 9/14/2012 Can you beat the cancer odds? MAX - Sports and Fitness Lorna McNeill, Ph.D., M.P.H.
Anna Wilkinson, Ph.D.
- "Susceptibility Predicts Smoking Risk among Mexican-American Youth"
- "Movies Promote Smoking Among Mexican-American Adolescents"
Patricia Miranda, Ph.D.