Institute Faculty in the News - FY11
- 8/30/2011 Black, Hispanic, Poor Young Women Less Likely to Complete HPV Vaccinations Health Behavior News Service Lovell Jones, Ph.D.
- 8/22/2011 Study: HPV Tests Better at Predicting Cervical Cancer than Pap Tests WebMD Therese Bevers, M.D.
- 8/16/2011 15 Minutes of Exercise Daily = Longer Life World News & U.S. News Xifeng Wu, M.D., Ph.D.
- 8/8/2011 The Unreal World: 'The Big C" LA Times Leslie Schover, Ph.D.
- 8/1/2011 All Health Apps are NOT Created Equal Virtual Medical Centre Alex Prokhorov, M.D., Ph.D.
- 7/26/2011 New Advice on Mammogram Timing The Wall Street Journal Therese Bevers, M.D.
- 7/25/2011 IACAN Reveals Secrets to Reduce Cancer Risk Indo American News Lorenzo Cohen, Ph.D.
- 7/6/2011 Who Should Get a CT Scan to Screen for Lung Cancer? USA Today Therese Bevers, M.D.
- 6/30/2011 UT MD Anderson Debuts Lung Cancer Screening Program Medical Daily Therese Bevers, M.D.
- 6/29/2011 More Evidence CT Scans Better at Detecting Lung Cancer HealthDay Therese Bevers, M.D.
- 6/27/2011 9th Annual Disparities in Health in America summer workshop Houston Style Lovell Jones, Ph.D.
- 6/22/2011 New findings in cancer prevention Galveston County - The Daily News Therese Bevers, M.D.
- 6/5/2011 Hormone-blocking drug found to cut breast cancer risk The Boston Globe Therese Bevers, M.D.
- 6/4/2011 Few women taking breast cancer prevention drugs USA Today Therese Bevers, M.D.
- 6/3/2011 MD Anderson to host free series Tuesday The Katy News Basen-Engquist, Ph.D., M.P.H
- 6/1/2011 MD Anderson doctor goes on mammogram mission, disputing new cancer screening guidelines CultureMap Houston Therese Bevers, M.D.
- 5/28/2011 Cancer Survivors, Patients Invited to Webcast & Panel Discussion at MD Anderson Regional Care Center in the Woodlands The Cypress Times Basen-Engquist, Ph.D., M.P.H
- 5/22/2011 Yoga helps breast cancer patients Independent.co.uk Lorenzo Cohen, Ph.D.
- 5/22/2011 The Angel Awards enjoy out-of –this-world clout with astronauts in the mix CultureMap Houston Ellen Gritz, Ph.D.
- 5/18/2011 Many Women Can Have Cervical Cancer Test Every 3 Years, Study HealthDay Therese Bevers, M.D.
- 5/16/2011 Studies Likely to Fuel Cancer-Screening Debate The Wall Street Journal Therese Bevers, M.D.
- 5/15/2011 Supporting Women’s Health Texas Medical Center News Therese Bevers, M.D.
- 5/11/2011 Breast Cancer Prevention for Native American Women CancerType Janice Chilton, MPH, Dr.P.H.
- 5/11/2011 A Women’s Guide to Age-proofing Health Ayurveda The Science of Life Therese Bevers, M.D.
- 5/02/2011 Breast Cancer Survival May Be Hurt by Guidelines on Mammograms, Data Show Bloomberg Therese Bevers, M.D.
- 4/13/2011 CYCORE to test system for comparing effectiveness of cancer treatments in clinical trials HealthCanal.com Susan Peterson, Ph.D., M.P.H.
- 4/04/2011 Inequalities in minorities The Daily Cougar.com Lovell Jones, Ph.D.
- 4/04/2011 What not to say to a cancer patient Dallasnews.com Walter Baile, M.D.
- 4/03/2011 Will that treatment guideline hurt? The New York Times Leonard Zwelling, M.D., M.B.A.
- 4/01/2011 Stress awareness month 2011: How stress management can make you more resilient The Huffington Post Lorenzo Cohen, Ph.D.
- 4/01/2011 Letters: Universities and priorities Houston Chronicle Leonard Zwelling, M.D., M.B.A.
- 3/15/2011 A touch of massage therapy The Wall Street Journal Lorenzo Cohen, Ph.D.
- 3/05/2011 The health care community must engage in a meaningful, apolitical discussion of ethics and economics Statesman.com Leonard Zwelling, M.D., M.B.A.
- 3/01/2011 Undiagnosed breast clinic offers one-stop, one-day diagnosis Texas Medical Center News Therese Bevers, M.D.
- 3/01/2011 Accepting a different body Young Adult Cancer Canada Michelle Fingeret, Ph.D.
- 3/01/2011 Anti-smoking website for teens now available in Spanish Texas Medical Center News Alex Prokhorov, M.D., Ph.D.
- 2/18/2011 Dance your way to cancer prevention The Knoxville Journal Basen-Engquist, Ph.D., M.P.H.
- 2/10/2011 Pediatricians to promote smoke-free lifestyle The Times of India Alex Prokhorov, M.D., Ph.D.
- 2/07/2011 Allergic to cancer Science News Melissa Bondy, Ph.D.
- 2/07/2011 Project connects researchers, Latino communities to prevent cancer UT Health David Wetter Ph.D., M.S., Melissa Bondy, Ph.D., Lovell Jones Ph.D., Shine Chang Ph.D.
- 2/02/2011 MD Anderson's web-based anti-smoking program targets Hispanic youth Medical News Today Alex Prokhorov, M.D., Ph.D.
- 2/01/2011 Focusing on the stress of prostate cancer NY Times/Well Lorenzo Cohen, Ph.D.
- 1/31/2011 Moderating stress may increase immunity in prostate patients, study says BETTER Health Research Lorenzo Cohen, Ph.D.
- 1/20/2011 Ladies, defend against cancer at any age The Independent Therese Bevers, M.D.
- 1/20/2011 The making of a cancer doctor: The 30-year road to a new treatment for osteosarcoma Jewish Herald-Voice Leonard Zwelling, M.D., M.B.A.
- 1/12/2011 Free health services that may save your life REUTERS Therese Bevers, M.D.
- 1/11/2011 Preserving fertility while battling cancer NCI Cancer Bulletin Leslie Schover, Ph.D.
- 12/3/2010 Breast test furor fades but anger lingers CNN Health Therese Bevers, M.D.
- 11/27/2010 Don't take a holiday from exercise Bloomberg Businessweek Basen-Engquist, Ph.D., M.P.H.
- 11/3/2010 Fish oil lowers risk of breast cancer by 32% Natural News Lorenzo Cohen, Ph.D.
- 11/2/2010 More evidence suggests aspirin may prevent colorectal cancer NCI Cancer Bulletin Ernest Hawk, M.D., M.P.H.
- 10/15/2010 First comes cancer, then comes children: the new world of oncofertility Time Leslie Schover, Ph.D.
- 10/12/2010 Many dying cancer patients still get screenings REUTERS Therese Bevers, M.D.
- 10/12/2010 Pharmacist not just pill counter Health 24 Alex Prokhorov, M.D., Ph.D.
- 10/5/2010 Outsmart breast cancer Good Housekeeping Therese Bevers, M.D.
- 10/5/2010 Local donation-based program offers benefits of cutting-edge cancer research TCPalm Lorenzo Cohen, Ph.D.
- 10/2/2010 Breast cancer research is emphasizing prevention as a priority The Kansas City Star Powel Brown, M.D., M.P.H.
- 10/1/2010 Healthy for Life Self Magazine Therese Bevers, M.D.
- 9/30/2010 Study renews cancer screening confusion MyFox. Houston Powel Brown, M.D., M.P.H.
- 9/28/2010 Women, take care of yourselves Free Lance News Therese Bevers, M.D.
- 9/28/2010 Video game to prevent smoking premieres in Beaumont Beaumont Enterprise Alex Prokhorov, M.D., Ph.D.
- 9/27/2010 Health-care overhaul supports research on breast cancer in young women The Washington Post Therese Bevers, M.D.
- 9/26/2010 Cancer and body image PsychCentral Michelle Fingeret, Ph.D.
- 9/23/2010 Not as many lives saved by mammograms, study finds ABC News Therese Bevers, M.D.
- 9/12/2010 Latinos found to have early breast cancer risk Houston Chronicle Melissa Bondy, Ph.D.
- 9/1/2010 10th Anniversary for expanding research on minority health Conquest Lovell Jones, Ph.D.