Institute Faculty in the News - FY15
- 04/21/2015 Breast cancer to grow 50 per cent by 2030 Business-Standard Sharon Giordano, M.D., M.P.H.
- 04/20/2015 USPSTF Updates its breast cancer screening recommendations Medscape Therese Bevers, M.D
- 04/20/2015 Think pink: Number of women with breast cancer may double in the next 15 years, study finds RT.com Sharon Giordano, M.D., M.P.H.
- 04/20/2015 Breast cancer cases may grow by 50 percent by 2030 UPI Sharon Giordano, M.D., M.P.H.
- 04/20/2015 Breast cancer may increase 50% by 2030 TIME Sharon Giordano, M.D., M.P.H.
- 04/15/2015 How a 'second opinion' may have saved Rita Wilson's life TODAY Health Therese Bevers, M.D
- 04/10/2015 Why are so many chefs burning my food — deliberately? The San Francisco Chronicle Carrie Daniel-MacDougall, Ph.D., M.P.H.
- 04/10/2015 Researchers and scientists honored for improving cancer prevention, treatment, and patient care The ASCO Post Ernest Hawk, M.D., M.P.H.
- 04/08/2015 Cancer treatment news update 2015: Fish oil reduces chemotherapy's effectiveness, study indicates The Christian Times Powel Brown, M.D., Ph.D.
- 04/03/2015 Is fish oil safe during chemotherapy? Reuters Powel Brown, M.D., Ph.D.
- 03/25/2015 Economic perspective on genomic testing: Is it worth the cost? Houston Chronicle Chan Shen, Ph.D.
- 03/23/2015 High cost of new Hepatitis C drugs could force patient prioritization Houston Chronicle Jagpreet Chhatwal, Ph.D.
- 03/19/2015 New Hepatitis C drugs will place strain on health care system Science 2.0 Jagpreet Chhatwal, Ph.D.
- 03/18/2015 Study Says We Need To Re-Examine How We Price important Medicines Your Single Source for News Jagpreet Chhatwal, Ph.D.
- 03/17/2015 Critical reports mount on Hepatitis C pill costs Forbes Jagpreet Chhatwal, Ph.D.
- 03/17/2015 Hepatitis C drugs are cost effective, but affordability is another matter The Wall Street Journal Jagpreet Chhatwal, Ph.D.
- 03/16/2015 Newer HCV agents mostly cost-effective— but increased demand for direct-acting drugs could break the healthcare bank MedPage Today Jagpreet Chhatwal, Ph.D.
- 03/16/2015 Novel HCV therapies found cost effective, with caveats Family Practice News Jagpreet Chhatwal, Ph.D.
- 03/16/2015 Hepatitis C Drugs will 'Strain Budgets' at current prices: study HealthDay Jagpreet Chhatwal, Ph.D.
- 03/16/2015 Gilead's hepatitis C drugs largely cost-effective in U.S. Reuters Jagpreet Chhatwal, Ph.D.
- 03/16/2015 Pricey new hepatitis C drugs may require prioritization Houston Chronicle Jagpreet Chhatwal, Ph.D.
- 03/08/2015 Don't brush off these cancer signs or symptoms Examiner.com Therese Bevers, M.D
- 02/19/2015 MD Anderson, CATCH Global Foundation partner to lower cancer risk in children News Medical Ernest Hawk, M.D., M.P.H.
- 02/18/2015 MD Anderson joins CATCH Global Foundation Phys.org Ernest Hawk, M.D., M.P.H.
- 01/27/2015 Wednesday letters: Fighting cancer Houston Chronicle Ernest Hawk, M.D., M.P.H.
- 01/16/2015 MD Anderson and Amgen collaborate on BiTE immunotherapy for myelodysplastic syndrome BioNews Texas Sam Hanash, M.D., Ph.D.
- 01/13/2015 Amgen teams with MD Anderson on new BiTE programs for MDS Firece Biotech Research Sam Hanash, M.D., Ph.D.
- 01/12/2015 Amgen and MD Anderson announce agreement to develop BiTE® Therapies for myelodysplastic syndrome Market Watch Sam Hanash, M.D., Ph.D.
- 12/26/2014 Smoker's decision to quit is first step to healthier future Houston Chronicle Maher Karam-Hage, M.D.
- 12/17/2014 Study finds oncotype DX diagnostic reduces chemotherapy use in young breast cancer patients Breast Cancer News Mariana Chavez Mac Gregor, M.D.
- 12/14/2014 Oncotype DX assay linked to decrease in chemotherapy use in younger patients News-Medical.Net Mariana Chavez Mac Gregor, M.D.
- 11/11/2014 HCV Care: Access and cost of treatment AJMC.com Jagpreet Chhatwal, Ph.D.
- 11/10/2014 The cost of a cure: $188B to treat all US hep C patients with pricey new drugs BioPharma DIVE Jagpreet Chhatwal, Ph.D.
- 11/10/2014 What Is the Real Cost of Treating All Patients with Hepatitis C? Sys-Com Media Jagpreet Chhatwal, Ph.D.
- 11/09/2014 Calculating cost to treat all hepatitis C patients in USA Pharma Times Jagpreet Chhatwal, Ph.D.
- 11/06/2014 Hepatitis C vaccine shows promise in early clinical trial Medical News Today Jagpreet Chhatwal, Ph.D.
- 10/26/2014 Model predicts sharp decline in Hep C burden Gastroenterology & Endoscopy News Jagpreet Chhatwal, Ph.D.
- 10/22/2014 Health and Fitness :: Understanding breast cancer Vinton Today Powel Brown, M.D., Ph.D.
- 10/17/2014 Herald Editorial: 50 years of warning labels 10-19-14 MYPlainview.com Lewis Foxhall, M.D.
- 10/12/2014 Breast cancer in men and women has different biological characteristics and outcomes Health Canal Sharon Giordano, M.D., M.P.H.
- 10/08/2014 OncoBriefs: Less chemo for NSCLC, gleason 7 gene medpage today Xifeng Wu, M.D., Ph.D.
- 10/06/2014 CPRIT-funded MD Anderson, University of Houston Cancer Initiative targets smoking cessation in mental health patients BioNews Texas Cho Lam, Ph.D.
- 10/04/2014 7 Things that probably don't increase breast cancer risk ABC News Therese Bevers, M.D.
- 09/25/2014 Less may not mean more in lung cancer screenings Houston Chronicle Ernest Hawk, M.D., M.P.H., Therese Bevers, M.D. and Robert Volk, Ph.D.
- 09/24/2014 Breast cancer affects both men, women alike Houston Chronicle Sharon Giordano, M.D., M.P.H.
- 09/24/2014 Cancer-Immune cyberwar nanocarriers AZoNano Sam Hanash, M.D., Ph.D.
- 09/23/2014 Immune system is key ally in cyberwar against cancer Latinos Health Sam Hanash, M.D., Ph.D.
- 09/17/2014 Half of cancer deaths are preventable, report stresses YAHOO! Health Ernest Hawk, M.D., M.P.H.
- 09/05/2014 Prostate cancer prevention trial identified behaviors linked to biopsy adherence Healio - HemOnc Today Ellen Gritz, Ph.D.