The Center for Energy Balance in Cancer Prevention and Survivorship is a research center for professionals who are working in or are interested in energy balance topics such as diet, physical activity, and obesity and how these affect the cancer continuum. We use a trans-disciplinary approach that brings population scientists, basic scientists and clinical researchers together in a collaborative environment.
Benefits of Membership
- Participation in Center activities
- May propose work groups to be supported by Center
- Relevant energy balance-related research will be highlighted on the Center website
- Included in online membership directory
- Opportunity to present at retreats
- Receives quarterly newsletter
- Discount registration fees to Center-sponsored workshops
Requirements of Membership
- Attend at least 2 Center events/year
- Update directory information at least once/year
- Acknowledge any financial or staff support received from the Center in publications
If you are interested in joining, please take a moment to complete the Center for Energy Balance in Cancer Prevention and Survivorship membership form.
Energy Balance Journal Club
Sedentary behavior and disease risk: Should we reduce how much we sit?
Matt Chrisman, PhD
CPB8, room 3