Apply for Grants
In an ongoing effort to strengthen ovarian cancer research, the Executive Committee of the Blanton-Davis Ovarian Cancer Research Program annually approves funding for one or two awards for ovarian cancer research. Proposals are subject to review for competitive funding by a review panel. It is anticipated that work funded will lead to grant proposals for extramural funding and high-impact publications.
Successful applicants will be required to file a written progress report and give an oral presentation on their funded work at the end of the one-year period. The Blanton-Davis Ovarian Cancer Research Program should be acknowledged on all manuscripts.
- Applicants must be Faculty (Instructor or above) affiliated with The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
- Focus must be on ovarian cancer research, including basic and translational, clinical, psychosocial, and health services research.
- Funds may be used for expenses related to research supplies and partial salary support, travel, training and presentations/seminars.
Research proposals must include:
- Face page
- Three-page Research Proposal. Applications should follow the NIH format (Specific Aims, Background and Significance, Preliminary Results, and Experimental Design and Methods.) Supportive attachments not included in the 3-page limit, such as figures, tables, and references are acceptable; however, they must be pertinent.
- NIH biographical sketch for all key persons in the project
- Other support (active and pending grants and contracts)
- Detailed budget
- Detailed budget justification
To ensure a fair review process, the deadline of 5:00 PM, Friday, February 20, 2015 will be enforced. Awards will be announced Saturday, May 2, 2015 at the Sprint for Life 5K Run/Walk. Award recipients are strongly encouraged to attend the race to receive the award.
MD Anderson Cancer Center requires all award recipients to complete an application entry via Coeus for review and processing by Grants & Contracts AFTER funding has been awarded.
If you are interested in applying, contact GynOncCommunityRelations@mdanderson.org.
Grant Award Winners