Areas of Practice
Nurses are the backbone of MD Anderson's high quality patient care and clinical research. They work in health care teams that may include physicians, researchers, social workers, dieticians, pharmacists, advanced practice registered nurses, physician assistants, and clinical and research nurses. These teams ensure that each patient receives treatment - and emotional, familial and other support - tailored to his or her individual needs.
Patient services include individual consultation, diagnostic evaluation, treatment and short- and long-term follow up. Departments are organized according to the types of cancer because of the unique challenges each disease presents. Nursing expertise is developed in each specialty area.
- Inpatient units by service include: Post Anesthesia Care; Urology and Orthopedics; GI Surgical/Sarcoma; Telemetry/Thoracic Surgery; Rehab/Neuro; GU/GI/Endoscopy; Melanoma/Sarcoma; Head and Neck/Breast Surgery; Medical Oncology; ICU/CCU; Pediatric and Adolescent; Gynecologic/Radiation; Stem Cell Transplantation and Cellular Therapy; Leukemia; Palliative Care; Lymphoma; Mixed Hematology; and Infusion Therapy.
- a list of Care Centers and Clinics offering walk-in care for current patients.
- other nursing opportunities at MD Anderson, crossing all areas of patient care including clinical trials research, diagnostic imaging, radiation oncology, administration and more.
- Learn more about MD Anderson oncology nursing careers
- Search for open positions
- Summer Professional Student Nurse Externship
- Year-Round Professional Student Nurse Externship
- Graduate Nurse Residency Program
- Post Graduate Fellowship in Oncology Nursing
Contact Our Nurse Recruitment Office
- 713-792-7362 or 1-800-258-8632
- E-mail: email@example.com