Paik, JH, Ding, Z, Narurkar, R, Ramkissoon, S, Muller, F, Kamoun, WS, Chae, SS, Zheng, H, Ying, H, Mahoney, J, Hiller, D, Jiang, S, Protopopov, A, Wong, WH, Chin, L, Ligon, KL and DePinho, RA. FoxOs cooperatively regulate diverse pathways governing neural stem cell homeostasis. Cell Stem Cell. 2009 Nov 6;5(5):540-53.
Zheng H, Ying H, Yan H, Kimmelman AC, Hiller DJ, Chen AJ, Perry SR, Tonon G, Chu GC, Ding Z and others. p53 and Pten control neural and glioma stem/progenitor cell renewal and differentiation. Nature. 2008 Oct 23;455(7216):1129-33.
Paik JH, Kollipara R, Chu G, Ji H, Xiao Y, Ding Z, Miao L, Tothova Z, Horner JW, Carrasco DR and others. FoxOs are lineage-restricted redundant tumor suppressors and regulate endothelial cell homeostasis. Cell. 2007 Jan 26;128(2):309-23.
Maser RS, Choudhury B, Campbell PJ, Feng B, Wong KK, Protopopov A, O'Neil J, Gutierrez A, Ivanova E, Perna I and others. Chromosomally unstable mouse tumours have genomic alterations similar to diverse human cancers. Nature. 2007 Jun 21;447(7147):966-71.
Stommel JM, Kimmelman AC, Ying H, Nabioullin R, Ponugoti AH, Wiedemeyer R, Stegh AH, Bradner JE, Ligon KL, Brennan C and others. Coactivation of receptor tyrosine kinases affects the response of tumor cells to targeted therapies. Science. 2007 Oct 12;318(5848):287-90.
Wong KK, Maser RS, Bachoo RM, Menon J, Carrasco DR, Gu Y, Alt FW, DePinho RA. Telomere dysfunction and Atm deficiency compromises organ homeostasis and accelerates aging. Nature. 2003 Feb 6;421(6923):643-8.
Reviews covering major areas of research in his laboratory:
Artandi, SE and DePinho, RA. (2009). Telomeres and telomerase in cancer. Carcinogenesis.
Furnari, FB, Fenton, T, Bachoo, RM, Mukasa, A, Stommel, JM, Stegh, A, Hahn, WC, Ligon, KL, Louis, DN, Brennan, C, Chin, L, DePinho, RA and Cavenee, WK. (2007). Malignant astrocytic glioma: genetics, biology, and paths to treatment. Genes Dev 21, 2683-2710.
Hezel, AF, Kimmelman, AC, Stanger, BZ, Bardeesy, N and Depinho, RA. (2006). Genetics and biology of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. Genes Dev 20, 1218-1249.
Ronald DePinho, M.D., addresses
MD Anderson employees for the first time:
DePinho discusses various aspects of his professional and personal life:
In the News
- Take Five: An Ambitious Plan for Curing Cancer in a Businesslike Way Is in the Works (The Economist)
- Leader in the Cancer Fight, and Son of an Illegal Imigrant (New York Times)
- Cancer Research: Past, Present and Future (Nature Reviews Cancer)
- Ronald DePinho: The TT Interview (Texas Tribune)
- DePinho: Opposing HPV Vaccine 'Unethical' (Texas Tribute)
- DePinho Brings Rock Star Aura to
MD Anderson (Houston Chronicle)
- New MD Anderson President on His Evolution as a Physician-Scientist (Oncology Times)
- Incoming MD Anderson Chief Sets Challenge for Institution (Houston Chronicle)
- "We're Going to Kick Cancer Butt" (Culture Map)
- MD Anderson's New President Brings Stephen Colbert Cred (Culture Map)