Skip to Content

About Us

I am going to collaborate with a third party on my invention. Do I need to do anything special?

If you plan to advance your technology in collaboration with a third party it is preferable to put a collaboration agreement, material transfer or other research agreement in place that will define intellectual property rights up front. Otherwise, improvements to your technology made by the other party may be solely owned by such party and could prevent the licensing or development of your core invention. The Office of Technology Commercialization can help facilitate such agreements through Legal Services.

For More Information

© 2014 The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center