Compliance Officer and Committees
Vice President Jessica L. Quinn, J.D., serves as MD Anderson’s Chief Compliance Officer. She reports to President Ronald A. DePinho, M.D., and Dan Fontaine, J.D., Senior Vice President for Business Affairs and Chief Regulatory Officer. Associate Vice President, Allyson H. Kinzel, J.D., serves as MD Anderson's Deputy Chief Compliance Officer and reports directly to the Vice President and Chief Compliance Officer.
Among other things, the Chief Compliance Officer guides activities related to the institution’s commitment to conduct all business with integrity and in compliance with the letter and spirit of all local, state and federal laws, rules and guidelines, including:
- Enforcing the Institutional Code of Conduct.
- Directing all compliance-related activities and investigations.
- Interacting with federal, state and local regulatory agencies, legislative bodies and governing boards on compliance initiatives.
The Executive Institutional Compliance Committee consists of MD Anderson’s:
- Ronald A. DePinho, M.D., President.
- Raymond N. DuBois, M.D., Ph.D., Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost.
- Leon J. Leach, M.B.A., M.A., Executive Vice President and Chief Business Officer.
- Thomas W. Burke, M.D., Executive Vice President and Physician-in-Chief.
- Dan Fontaine, J.D., Senior Vice President for Business Affairs and Chief Regulatory Officer.
- Jessica L. Quinn, J.D., Vice President and Chief Compliance Officer.
- Matthew A. Masek, J.D., L.L.M., Vice President & Chief Legal Officer.
The Executive Institutional Compliance Committee meets on a quarterly basis to review institutional compliance-related matters, quarterly monitoring reports, hotline reports and educational materials as well as recent developments with respect to compliance news.
The following compliance committees and subcommittees report to the Executive Institutional Compliance Committee:
- Endowment Compliance Committee.
- Executive Billing Compliance Committee.
- Executive Research Compliance Committee.
- Financial Compliance Committee.
- Information Security Compliance Committee.
- Medical Identity Theft Oversight Compliance Committee.
- Privacy Compliance Committee.
- Research Billing Compliance Subcommittee.
- Equipment Compliance Subcommittee.
- Supply Chain Management Compliance Subcommittee.
MD Anderson's Conflict of Interest Policy for Faculty Members, Trainees, Faculty Supervisors, Institutional Decision Makers, and Investigators of the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center # ACA0001 (pdf)
MD Anderson's Ethics Policy (UTMDACC Institutional Policy # ADM0337) (pdf)
If you have questions regarding MD Anderson's Institutional Compliance Program, call 713-745-6636 or e-mail Institutional Compliance.