We offer a wide range of educational opportunities for certified physicians, nurses and allied health staff through MD Anderson and MD Anderson Physicians Network. The majority of these educational programs are approved for Continuing Medical Education (CME) and Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) credit.
Multidisciplinary Planning Conferences
Multidisciplinary Planning Conferences are designed to facilitate clinical collaboration in the care of patients prospectively (before treatment is initiated) at network member sites and to discuss the multidisciplinary treatment options for those patients with MD Anderson faculty. These conferences occur two or three times monthly.
View the 2013 Education Calendar
Guideline Update Videoconferences
The guideline update videoconferences are designed to educate physicians and clinical staff at network member sites on the latest updates to the MD Anderson clinical guidelines, which form the basis for the multidisciplinary treatment planning process. These guidelines are disease site and stage specific, evidence-based with references and supported by expert opinion. For disease sites where no MD Anderson clinical guidelines exist, NCCN guidelines will be used.
The expected outcome is that physicians will use these guidelines in their clinical practice as a resource in planning treatment for patients. Physicians who participate in these videoconferences can receive up to two Category I AMA PRA CME credits and nurses who document their participation will receive 1.0 nursing content hour of CNE.
Previous Guideline Update Videoconferences
- Sarcoma: January 6, 2009
- Leukemia (ALL and AML): May 19, 2009
- Pain Management: September 22, 2009
- Unknown Primary: February 16, 2010
- Breast, Cervical and Colorectal Screening: May 11, 2010
- Bladder and Renal: May 25, 2010
- Breast-Invasive and Non-Invasive: October 5, 2010
- Testicular: March 1, 2011
- Small Cell/ Non Small Cell: May 3, 2011
- Liver/Pancreatic: July 12, 2011
- Gastric/ Esophageal: November 1, 2011
Annual Cancer Symposium
MD Anderson Continuing Education Programs
Visit the link below to view additional continuing education opportunities available at the institution for physicians, nurses and ancillary staff.
Speaker’s Bureau Educational Series
MD Anderson Physicians Network has established a Speaker’s Bureau Educational Series which draws upon expertise from MD Anderson faculty, employees and national experts. Its purpose is to provide network certified physicians, nurses and allied health staff information pertaining to timely and sometimes controversial topics in oncology.
Previous Speakers’ Bureau Presentations
- High Risk Lesions Presentation: June 9, 2009
- Stem Cell Transplantation and Cellular Therapy: February 2, 2010
- How to Discuss Bad News with Patients and Families: March 9, 2010
- Recent Advances and Contemporary Management of Melanoma: June 22, 2010
- Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation: September 21, 2010
- Survivorship: Models of Care: December 13, 2011
- BATTLE Clinical Trial: January 31, 2012
- Refractory CLL and Novel Inhibitors: March 13, 2012
- The Role of Ultrasound in the Diagnosis and Staging of Breast Cancer: May 15, 2012
- PSA Controversy: When, Who and How: September 18, 2012
- The Use of EUS and MRI in Rectal Cancer and the Extent of Lymph Node Resection in Colorectal Cancer: September 25, 2012
- Prostate Cancer External Beam and Treatment Planning: October 16, 2012
- Advanced Breast Cancer Radiation Oncology: February 5, 2013
MD Anderson Brand Guidelines
To access member brand guidelines, please visit Brand Central.